Links in your dashboard will no longer show "Unknown Product" as the title when we are unable to fetch the link's page title or product name. Instead, they will fall back to using a portion of the link's raw URL. This change should make it easier for you to browse and organize your links, and remove the confusion over what "unknown product" meant.
No more "Unknown Product" in titles
Built-in support for Walmart and B&H Photo affiliate programs
You can now have all your B&H or Walmart links automatically affiliated at Geniuslink, just like Amazon links. To get started, just add your Walmart and/or B&H affiliate information to your dashboard, at https://my.geni.us/affiliate. Currently, only the US programs are supported, but we expect to add more soon.
Note: As before, we also support these two programs via Viglink and Skimlinks (aggregators). If you have already connected one of those, you may still wish to connect a personal Walmart or B&H program directly to Geniuslink, in order to capture 100% of the earned commissions.
Improved "Connect Affiliate Program" form
As we make room for more affiliate programs, we have tweaked the "Connect Affiliate Program" form to be a little simpler and more intuitive. We've got a few more dramatic improvement on the way, so stay tuned!
Wordpress plugin updates
Amazon Link Engine:
- Plugin defaults to "on click" method for easy Associates compliance
- Amazon Link Engine: Help content updates - mainly about the on-click behavior
Both Amazon and iTunes Link Engine:
- Tested up to WordPress 5.1
- Enforces jQuery dependency for WP installs that don't otherwise have jquery activated
- Added FAQ about supported link types
Build affiliated links to nearly any retailer
We are excited to announce that our clients can now monetize their links through tens of thousands of affiliate programs due to a brand new integration in the Geniuslink service with the top two affiliate monetization platforms available – VigLink and Skimlinks.
Link editor updates
- UI for advanced geo-based routing no longer shows misleading world regions, such as "Europe" and "Asia"
- Fixed issue with country and language-based rules that would allow invalid entries to be typed and saved
- Improved UI for country and language selection
- Friendlier date format in link lists
- Updated mentions of "PHG" to "Partnerize"
- Each item in the links list will now display the number of pixels assigned, if any.
- Fixed an issue that made it possible to make tabs in the link builder page disappear.
Resolved issue that alllowed links to be indexed by search engines
Some geni.us links have been getting indexed by search engines due to missing "noindex" headers. We have replaced those headers so that search engines will know these links are not meant to be listed in search results, in accordance with Amazon compliance.
Newly created geni.us links will use SSL, by default.
While Geniuslink has supported https for years, our dashboard presented links as http links. Now, all new links created in your dashboard will be presented as https links instead of http.
Note: All geni.us links, including those made before this change, will work with either https or http protocols.
Link creator help
With Geniuslink, you can add your Amazon Associates programs to your Affiliate page, and those programs will automatically be applied to any links you have created, or will create in the future. Sometimes new users miss this and assume they need to add links containing Amazon Associates ID's. So now, when users do that, a helpful prompt will appear under the URL field, to:
- Encourage the user to add the Amazon program to Genius Link via the Affiliate page, if they have not done so already.
- Explain that affiliate id's in the pasted URL will be overwritten by any affiliate settings saved on the Affiliate page.
- Explain how auto affiliation works at Genius Link
No published changelogs yet.
Surely Geniuslink will start publishing changelogs very soon.
Check out our other public changelogs: Buffer, Mention, Respond by Buffer, JSFiddle, Olark, Droplr, Piwik Pro, Prott, Ustream, ViralSweep, StartupThreads, Userlike, Unixstickers, Survicate, Envoy, Gmelius, CodeTree