We are excited to announce affiliation support for Best Buy and Barnes & Noble. You'll never have to remember how to affiliate with these programs again: Just add your affiliate program details to your Geniuslink dashboard once. From then on, you can simply convert any raw product link from these stores and be confident you will earn commissions from the geni.us links. Plus, you'll get access to all the advantages of intelligent linking at Geniuslink: Choice Pages, retargeting, vanity URLs, live link editing, and more.
New retailers supported: Best Buy and Barnes & Noble
Fixed issue where "default" groups were not being listed correctly once renamed
We fixed an issue affecting users who renamed their "default" link group. On certain dashboard pages, this issue resulted in the group being listed under the name "default" instead of the correct, custom name.
Fixed incorrect reporting of no connected affiliate programs
Last week, one of our services began reporting incorrect information about connected affiliate programs. This caused the following:
- The Geniuslink dashboard may have stated that you were not connected to certain programs.
- Our Wordpress plugin, Amazon Link Engine, was incorrectly stating that all programs were not connected to your Geniuslink account.
- Other system messages that depended on knowledge of your connected programs may have given false information. Ie, recommendations of programs to join, and messages about your "commission potential".
This issue has been resolved.
Date-based rules can now include a time in UTC.
When setting date-based rules for your links, you can now specify a time of day in UTC. For example, you could have a link to "go live" on July 4, 2020, at midnight in New York City. This also helps these rules be more predictable, while making the UI more intuitive.
Choice Page Touch-ups
We've made a few visual improvements to choice pages:
- To better accommodate physical products that do not have titles in the image, we've adjusted the typography on choice pages. Now, the product title is more prominent that the "Get it now" call to action.
- The call to action will now wrap more pleasantly in instances where you add a very long, custom one.
- Improved sizing of product image for mobile devices.
No more "Unknown Product" in titles
Links in your dashboard will no longer show "Unknown Product" as the title when we are unable to fetch the link's page title or product name. Instead, they will fall back to using a portion of the link's raw URL. This change should make it easier for you to browse and organize your links, and remove the confusion over what "unknown product" meant.
Built-in support for Walmart and B&H Photo affiliate programs
You can now have all your B&H or Walmart links automatically affiliated at Geniuslink, just like Amazon links. To get started, just add your Walmart and/or B&H affiliate information to your dashboard, at https://my.geni.us/affiliate. Currently, only the US programs are supported, but we expect to add more soon.
Note: As before, we also support these two programs via Viglink and Skimlinks (aggregators). If you have already connected one of those, you may still wish to connect a personal Walmart or B&H program directly to Geniuslink, in order to capture 100% of the earned commissions.
Improved "Connect Affiliate Program" form
As we make room for more affiliate programs, we have tweaked the "Connect Affiliate Program" form to be a little simpler and more intuitive. We've got a few more dramatic improvement on the way, so stay tuned!
Wordpress plugin updates
Amazon Link Engine:
- Plugin defaults to "on click" method for easy Associates compliance
- Amazon Link Engine: Help content updates - mainly about the on-click behavior
Both Amazon and iTunes Link Engine:
- Tested up to WordPress 5.1
- Enforces jQuery dependency for WP installs that don't otherwise have jquery activated
- Added FAQ about supported link types
Build affiliated links to nearly any retailer
We are excited to announce that our clients can now monetize their links through tens of thousands of affiliate programs due to a brand new integration in the Geniuslink service with the top two affiliate monetization platforms available – VigLink and Skimlinks.
No published changelogs yet.
Surely Geniuslink will start publishing changelogs very soon.
Check out our other public changelogs: Buffer, Mention, Respond by Buffer, JSFiddle, Olark, Droplr, Piwik Pro, Prott, Ustream, ViralSweep, StartupThreads, Userlike, Unixstickers, Survicate, Envoy, Gmelius, CodeTree